Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Creative Project

Significant Experience in my Life:



http://www.flickr.com/photos/tootdood/569109374/

Our Song By: Taylor Swift, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2stN7kH28

When I think of one moment in my life when I really felt like I was coming of age/ grown up, I would have to say it was when I had my first real boyfriend. It was the time in my life right before I went to high school with all the people that I looked up to. I had a permit in my hand and was almost old enough to have my license and feel free. Looking at all of the older kids in town and looking up at my sister, I finally felt mature as all of the upper classmen had boyfriends and now I did too. In the above picture that I found, I thought that it fit the exact way that I felt. Growing up you want to feel accepted and as a girl you want to look your best and be noticed for it. Having a boyfriend you get all of that in one. I never wanted to leave his side because he made me happy, he made me feel good about myself, and he made me feel accepted.
Also, the link I have posted is to the YouTube video of Taylor Swift performing Our Song. I chose this song because some of the lyrics in this song correspond with the way I used to act when I had my first boyfriend. Since he was a year older than I was, he already had his license, so when I was able to ride in his car to school it was so much better than getting a ride from your embarrassing parents. It made me feel like no one could break me down. And in Taylor Swifts song her lyrics say, “I was riding shotgun with my hair undone In the front seat of his car,” and riding in the front seat of his car made me feel like I was grown up. Another part if the song is, “Sneakin’ out tapping on his window”, and this is the perfect way to describe me. Since I lived so close to my boyfriend, it was easy for me to spend a lot of time with him. But since my mom thought that it was still a childish fling, she didn’t understand me and thought that I was spending too much time with him. So to see each other we would sneak out late at night when our parents would fall asleep and go lay out in the field between our houses staring up at the stars. And we would lay there talking until the sun came up.
Having my first boyfriend was an experience in my life that I will never forget. After many years of growing up and having to deal with whether or not I looked good, or whether or not people were going to accept me, I finally felt like I was grown up and mature. I felt like I was on top of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment